~ Gird Yer Loins! ~

So, here it is.

Totally unrelated  to The Corrie Campaign, I saw an advert looking for impressions of Corrie characters for a feature on ITV's This Morning. Now, I don't do impressions but thought this was too good an opportunity to miss for the blog. They needed 30 second videos by noon the next day. I gave a stab at Roy (cause it's my Dad's name) and the rest is history as they say.

I got a call at 6pm on the following day (Monday) and there was a car picking me up at 07:45 (Wednesday).  I was obviously terrified and didn't quite admit to the producer that I was an actor in case they want real people. (Actors - you know we're not real!)

I arrived and found out the other two guys were professional impressionists - yikes! After our rehearsals, we waited for hours (as per) and had about 5 seconds of airtime instead of our 30 seconds we'd rehearsed.  With it being live, certain features had gone over and we were squeezed into no time whatsoever. The guy from Britain's Got Talent didn't even get on and the poor chap had travelled down from Birkenhead that morning. OUCH!

As you can see, I don't look or sound anything like him but at least Phillip Schofield looked as though he enjoyed my nonsense.


My amazing technical skills were tested, so I simply videoed the ITV player. Incredible quality, I know.

22 May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I'll be on touch soon.