~ How's it going? ~

...is a regular question I get when chatting to folk wanting to know the progress of The Corrie Campaign.

Well, as Lord Lloyd Webber and Richard Stilgoe said in that musical, Starlight Express: There's a Light at the End of the Tunnel. Not really but after a drought of responses, I've had a couple of lovely messages. The first one is my favourite yet because it refers to the fact that I do three emails a day. Without having found my blog, there's no way that this director could know my daily routine from what I said in my email alone. Therefore, curiosity got the better of her. BIG TICK!




Anyway here are those heart warming responses:





Hi Nick. Thanks for your email. I really admire your 3 emails a day plan and hope it's bringing you lots of meetings. I'm not directing at the moment as I have a lot of writing projects on, so won't be casting in the near future. I've watched your showreel and will keep you in mind down the line when I get back to directing. Very good luck with your enterprising approach.  Best wishes, XXX
---

Thanks for your message, Nick
I'm all casted for the shows I'm doing until April but I'll certainly keep you in mind for anything after that.
Very best
XXX
---
Identities have been protected but I do like the use of "casted."  I realise there's probably a heavy dose of lip service in these messages but I really appreciate their desire to respond.
30 December 2012  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I'll be on touch soon.