~ A hug from Uncle Umed ~

It's quite a while since I last posted and indeed Helen has now left the jungle.  The kangaroo penis has left Corrie too...and I'm not talking about Uncle Umed.  He was more of a koala bear!  Remember him?

Anyway, as I have mentioned before, there are just some days when I can't be bothered to do my emails...or do anything campaign related.  It's getting chillier.  It's darker.  I have a cold and sore throat but I know I have to do it.  I would disappoint so many people if I didn't do it - and ultimately would disappoint myself.

I've had a spate of very nearly getting jobs, receiving positive comments only to be told "we've gone another way with it."  It's deeply frustrating when all you want is "you were too short," "too gummy" or "you were dreadful."  Despite all that, we plough on as only we know how and drag ourselves to our  next castings whilst attempting to look as cool as the next guy.

I'm pleased to say I do have a few gigs coming up: one is an online comedy series and the other is a workshop of a new musical plus a couple of other bits and bobs.

I'm filming on Sunday for a new online series called Bitchcraft and will be playing an eBay selller who goes speed-dating and, without giving too much away, is psychotic!  Nothing new there then.  I went along to the casting after I'd spent a long day acting and facilitating in a dementia care home.  I was frazzled and probably relaxed enough to do a good meeting.

I've yet to discover whether the Director knows about this blog.  Watch this space.  I did a short film a few weeks ago and, as I was having the costume fitting, the Producer told me that she'd read my blog.  Even today when I was having lunch today with an agent friend of mine, she told me her boss had been looking at one of my posts.

That's the bonkers thing about this project.  I have no idea who has and hasn't read it.  Have Corrie big-wigs seen it and put a black mark against my name?  Is it worth the three emails a day?  Perhaps I just need a hug from Uncle Umed!

29 November 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I'll be on touch soon.