~ Desperate or determined? ~

So I've been chatting to friends about the campaign of late.  I'm luck enough to say that people are (or maybe they're pretending to be) interested in my progress.

I'm pleased to say that  no one has been rude to me or even negative.  The response rate currently lies at 14% which is more than I expected.  In my pre-campaign preparations, I mooted the ideas to some Casting Directors and Directors to mixed response.  No one was disparaging in any way.  One lovely Casting Director told me "yes, it could look desperate but, hey times are tough, and it shows that you're determined.  We're all a little bit desperate."

The desperate versus determined debate continues to play on my mind and recently I've had a wee bit of negativity from a couple of fellow actors.  Both had equally positive comments also, so it didn't hit me too hard.  One comment was "Be careful you don't come across as too desperate."  The other was "your campaign for Corrie is a bit too narrow."

For those that know me, you'll  know my corporate role play work often merges into my everyday life.  So, I did a SMART action plan before this and to my mind the campaign is:

  • Specific
  • Measurable
  • Achievable
  • Realistic 
  • Time-bound

To contextualise all of this, some will have seen the article I recently put up on The Corrie Campaign Facebook page:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/coronation-street-star-patti-clarke-243740

Whether I come across as desperate or not, I guess, is in the eyes of the reader.

I'd love to know what you think.  Please post your comments here, on Facebook or message me privately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I'll be on touch soon.